What We Do
The HIRE-UP program serves youth and young adults, who face barriers to employment and/or education. The program works with participants to build the skills necessary to explore and develop careers, pursue education and occupation skills training, and gain work experiences and employment.
We Prepare Youth for:
• Educational opportunities that lead to a high school diploma or equivalency;
• Post-secondary transition, technical training, or apprenticeship guidance.
Employment Success by
• Providing work readiness and life skills training;
• Connecting youth with paid and unpaid work experiences; including jobs, internships, job shadowing, pre-apprenticeship and on-the-job training (OJT);
• Supporting occupational skills training leading to industry-recognized credentials;
• Facilitating career exploration and development.
The HIRE-UP program (WIOA)
Integrates the needs, goals, and strengths of youth people. Taking into consideration the youth's voice and culture to provide one-of-a- kind services like:
• Academic, career and occupational assessments;
• Exploration of career interests and development of a service plan focusing on career goals and in-demand jobs;
• A safe social setting that creates a sense of belonging and builds leadership capacity;
• Engaging peer group activities such as workshops, trainings, and leadership opportunities.